Pages

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

To review or not to review

I read a blog post not too long ago that discussed whether or not authors should post book reviews on their blogs. It got me thinking. I like to post reviews mainly because I'm a rather opinionated individual and telling people what I think of a book is fairly easy for me to do. Mix that with the fact that I want to know what the authors I like, like to read and I actually have something to post about. ;)

However, I get why posting reviews would be a bad idea. Who am I to critique an author when I, myself, haven't mastered the craft? There have been a couple of reviews where I've gone off on the author a bit, and now I feel both bad and stupid. But I think the majority of my reviews have been positive.

So, I think what I'm going to do is only post about books I really liked. I'll still give tid bits of info of why I liked the book to hopefully steer people in the right direction (because my taste is impeccable), but for the most part I'll keep my opinions to myself.

About writing anyway.

No comments: